Chairman and co-founder of PTS Training Academy.
Starting out as a senior possession manager on the railway, I have progressed and succeeded in a number of roles, including Safety Critical Operative, Engineering Supervisor, Safety Advisor and Assessor, and Business Development Manager.
“I am now the Chairman of PTS Training Academy ad the PTS Group, and have helped our company grow and achieve standards and approved centre status for our company through multiple accreditations and awarding bodies…
- MATRIX standard, with a grade of Outstanding;
- ISO 2015
- City & Guilds
- Investors in People,
- Centre for Interactive Education (CIE Global)
- British Computer Society (BCS)
- EMTA Awards Limited (EAL)
- Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT)
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AA)
- Joint Approvals Unit for Periodic Training (JAUPT)
- Association of First Aiders (AoFA)
- Driving Standards Agency (DSA)
- Awarding Organisation For Approved Qualifications (AOFAQ)
As a chairman, my role is to ensure that as a company we are consistent in designing approved modules and courses tailored for learners, such as DGV/CPC Driver Training, First Aid Training, Fire Marshall Training and Confined Space Training. I am also a qualified external examiner and senior external verifier for Pearson and Edexcel.
After data analysis of PTS Training Academy’s training provision in 2016-2017, the company had achieved an average of 96.4% achievement, 92.00% retention and 90.00% progression rates across all learning aims delivered.
I am keen to expand and better PTS Training Academy, using the sector-specific management systems designed to monitor and improve the company profile and increase demand nationally in government funded qualifications that meet European and National targets.”